[Terrytaylor] A bike ride

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 00:07:27 EDT 2016

We stayed in Mitchell I remember last time staying in the hotel the town hasn't changed in forty years 130 residents the ones I talked with like their town and want it to grow leaving Mitchell we had a 6 mile climb over Keys Creek Summit  it was 6 to 6.7 % grade constantly no break then down along John Day River to Dayville population 149 we camped at a RV type campground very nice good grass to camp on got the laundry done
 From Dayville we went along the John Day River
Brent usually leaves before l do which is fine because he is 18 and rides a lot faster than I. He will go to the town we will stay and have it all checked out and find our camping place makes it easier for me today I was not fully recovered from the climb so I took my time and even stopped in Mount Vernon
population 527 to give my feet a rest the shoes are not stiff enough soles and make my feet burn I ordered shoes and will pick them up at the post office in Baker City
I got to stop now the mosquitos are trying to drag me away
Terry T

Sent from my iPhone