[Terrytaylor] Riding a bike

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 21:10:00 EDT 2016

We stayed in Sumpter OR after two hard passes it was 3 miles down s side road but too far for us to go on toBaker City
The next day as we were coming out of the cafe in Sumpter two ladies were driving by and stopped to talk to us they were really likeable characters one had done the Trans Am bike ride in 1982 the group she was with ten riders 5 were from Holland she said they still have reunions every ten years
The people from Holland had flatland gearing on their bikes and laughed at the "granny" gears the local riders had. They couldn't get low gearing fast enough after a few hills
These two women now travel around the country running marathons and drinking beer the love micro brewery's and want to run a marathon in every state and taste as much beer as possible they were fun to visit with They showed us their Growlers and Growlet smaller Growlers they are basically a sort of drinking jug now you people may know all about them but it was new to me they said gas stations in Or sell them I will try to send pictures but I am not to skilled at this
When they found out I was from North Carolina they were excited to know if I tasted the beer in Ashville I disappointed them by telling them I don't drink Well Ashville is definitely on their must drink there list
Well I am back doing the laundry and it was time to fold the clothes
I got my new bike shoes from the post office and tried them a little they are stiffer which is what I needed will give them a good test tomorrow
We stayed in a motel last night Brent's Grandmother wanted to do that for us and we graciously accepted
Now we are camped in an RV park
I will try to send pictures TerryT

Sent from my iPhone