[Terrytaylor] From Charlottesville to Louisa VA

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:06:03 EDT 2016

The streets were still wet but it had stopped raining. I headed to Mineral thought that would be a good day. Where do they get these hills? We've got a maximum elevation of about 400 feet and yet they run around paving a road over every hill they can find.
Stats
60.6 miles 7.29 mph average
3116.8 of up
I stopped at a small country store and the lady made me a turkey sandwich and asked if I would like to sit in the back of the store with them of course I really like to visit with locals so we sat and there was a farmer so we had a good time.
He said when he was cutting hay he saw the grass move so he thought on the next pass he would see what it was.
As he approached he saw it was the biggest copperhead snake he had ever seen he killed it and said it was as big around as a softball and 52 inches long. Then he said that his grand son took his John Deer tractor and crossed a stream and was determined to climb the steep bank on the other side. He managed to burn up the 6 cylinder diesel motor which will cost
75,000 dollars to replace.
I guess grandkids may be more expensive to raise on a farm than in town.
I said goodbye and continued on my way I got to Mineral and found there was no place to stay but there was in Louisa six miles off course so that's where I stayed it rained during the night and is supposed to rain today. I will put the covers on my panniers and have my rain jacket ready as I am ready to get going.
TerryT
Sent from my iPhone